The Swiss Government is offering scholarships for international students in Switzerland. These scholarships are for those students who want to pursue their PhD and Post Doctoral studies in different universities under Swiss Government. The main objective of these scholarships is to enable the intellectual international students to complete and conduct their research in Swiss universities with international standard.
Field of Study / Subjects
Applicants can choose any field for their PhD and post doctoral studies which are offered in different universities under Swiss Government.
Number of Scholarships
Many numbers of awards are offered under this scholarship
Duration of Scholarship
The duration of awards is settled as three years for PhD program while one year for Post doctoral studies.
Scholarship Description / Details
This scholarship is offering many grants for the applicants, which are given as follows.
- The scholarship amounts to a monthly payment of 1’920 Swiss Francs for PhD Degree.
- The scholarship amounts to a monthly payment of 3’500 Swiss Francs for Post doctoral study.
- Exemption of the tuition fees (except for EPFL).
- Mandatory Swiss Health insurance paid by the FCS (for non-EU and EFTA grantees only).
- A lump sum for air fare for non-European grantees only at the end of the scholarship
- Special 300 Swiss Francs housing allowance
- 1 year half-fare public transportation card
- Counseling and various trips, dinners and sight-seeing tours organized for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship holders.
In order to be considered as eligible for the scholarship, applicants should possess following eligibility criteria.
- Applicant should be from any developing country with a valid passport
- The applicant must not be more than 35 years old at the moment of the application for PhD degree
- Applicant for PhD degree scholarship should be holder of a Master degree from any recognized university while Post Doctoral students should have a PhD degree
- There should not be gap of more than five years between the degree receiving time and grant of scholarship
- Applicant should not be grantee of any Swiss scholarship before
How to Apply / Download Scholarship Form / Documents Required
Applicants, who want to apply for this scholarship:
- Should submit their application form before the final date of submission
- Applicants should attach all necessary documents mentioned on the website
- Ph: +41 58 462 21 29
- Email: [email protected]
Last Date to Apply / Deadline: May (annual)