Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students 2018-2019 are offered for PhD / Doctoral / Master / MS in China from all over the world. These fully funded scholarships are provided through China Scholarship Council (CSC) in different Chinese public sector universities. These scholarships are focusing on intellectual, committed and hardworking international students who want to earn degrees from highly ranked Chinese universities under the supervision of highly qualified faculty with top notch research publications and research funding’s. Many Chinese universities are very well known now all over the world due to producing high quality graduates for industry, research institutes and universities. This post provides you full details about Chinese government scholarships application process.
Subjects offered for Chinese Government Scholarships for International Students 2018-19
Applicants can choose the following fields of study for their Chinese Government Scholarships 2018-19. This scholarship is offered in about 279 Chinese public sector universities. You can apply in any of the subjects / fields in that university which matches your previous degree and interest. All universities do not have all subjects departments or faculties in them. So you can apply in university after checking the availability of the degree program offered in which you are interested.
10000 plus number of scholarships are offered under this scholarship scheme in more than 279 universities all over china.
The benefits are as follows.
- 3500 RMB per month stipend for PhD Students and 3000 RMB per month stipend for Master Students
- No registration fees
- Tuition fee waived
- Laboratory experiment facilities
- On-campus accommodation in very nice rooms with all facilities of internet, air conditioning and heating
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration (3,000 RMB for each student but not in all universities)
- Comprehensive medical insurance
In order to be considered as eligible for this scholarship, applicants should possess following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant should be from any country with a valid passport
- Applicant should be good in health and physically fit
- Not over 30 years old for master program and not over 35 years old for PhD program. Although government employees of any country can apply for PhD scholarship till they are 40 year old
- Have a bachelor or higher degree in a field relative
- Industrial or university teaching experience will be preferred
- Have good English language proficiency. IELTS or TOEFL certificate is a big plus.
- Some universities also demand HSK level 3 or 4 certificate for applying in them.
Chinese Government Scholarship Application Documents List
- Online Application Form needs to be filled and printed.
- Scanning complete materials and attach with the application in online system of university is also required sometime.
- Application form filled without the applicant’s signature are not accepted.
- Applicants 2-inch 4-6 photos as required by the university.
- Personal statement of research (A minimum of 500 words)
- Copies of bachelor’s degree certificate / academic transcript attested by notary public
- Two recommendation letters from Associate professors or above rank for PhD application and for master from Assistant professor or above rank from your country
- Master or PhD proposal (you should make the proposal according to some professor research area in that university which matches with you interest also. In case you do not do this, that university will send your application to the department and no professor will accept you as a student. In most cases its good to have some acceptance letter of supervision from Chinese professor in case of acceptance of your application as a scholarship student. That make is easy for the foreign students office to send your documents directly to that professor and it increases the chance of acceptance of your scholarship application. But it does not guaranteed that you will get the scholarship. In case you do not have the acceptance from some professor it will reduce the chances but you still can get scholarship.
- Acceptance letter sample from the Dean level or HOD / Chairman level professor increases your chances of application acceptance also. Sample email to get acceptance letter from professor is provided here.
- Foreigner Physical Examination form for medical can be downloaded here. All the examination tests required on the form should be done and form should be signed by the doctor. These days there are designated Chinese Clinics where you can go and get the examination done and only that is accepted. Validity is 6 Months so do it at the end when all your other documents are ready.
- Employment verification (if any)
- English proficiency certificates (if any)
- Chinese language proficiency certificate (if any)
- Copy of the passport page of personal information
- Detailed CV of not more than 2 Pages
Application Submission Process
All your above documents (or you should visit university website to see what documents are asked by that university) on the university website should reach the university before the deadline in hard copy (2 or 3 sets as required by the university but most of them ask for 2 sets). You can apply at a time in more than one universities, so its better if you apply in 3 universities or maximum 5. You need to do two things or three things in total.
- Chinese Government Scholarship Online Application on CSC website (List of Universities, you can search name of university or degrees offered by different university)
- Online Application on University website where they ask you to upload all above documents (only few university ask for this)
- Hard copy of the complete application on the university foreign office address provided at the scholarship information page of the university.
Duration of Scholarship
- For PhD or Doctoral degree duration is from 3 to 4 years (first year for Chinese Language)
- For Master or MS degree duration is from 2 to 4 years (first year for Chinese Language)
Contact China Scholarship Council (CSC)
- Division of International Student Affairs
China Scholarship Council
Level 13, Building A3, No. 9 Chegongzhuang Avenue, Beijing, P. R. China
- Phone: 0086-10-66093970, 0086-10-66093978
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date to Apply / Deadline: April (annual), but most of the universities usually accept hard copies not later than 10th April for Chinese Government Scholarship.
Official Chinese Government Scholarship Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/scholarshipdetailen.aspx?cid=97&id=3056