Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into postgraduate programmes in the Rivers State University, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo, Port Harcourt for the 2019/2020 academic session. Check the attached pdf document for available programmes, duration and requirements.
1. Holders of at least a Third Class Degree in the subject area applied for or a Second Class (Lower Division) degree in a related discipline, obtained from the Rivers State University of Science and technology or any other recognized institution .
2. Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least lower credit classification or its equivalent in a related discipline, obtained from a recognized institution.
3. For Faculty of Engineering, candidates must be holders of at least a Third Class or Pass degree in a related discipline from a recognized institution.
4. Candidates for PGD in the Department of Electrical Engineering must be holders of a B.Sc. or B.Tech. degree in Electrical or computer Engineering; Physics with Electronics or Computer Science.
B. Master’s Degree programmes
1. Candidates seeking admission into the Full-time/Part-time Master’s degree programme must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class Lower Division in the relevant discipline.
2.Candidates who holds PGD, PGDE, PGDTE in the relevant discipline or an equivalent Diploma (in Maritime Transport, Marine Engineering or Nautical Studies, Master Mariner, Marine Engineers Class 1) with CGPA of 3.50 or above (on a five-point grade system) may apply for the Master’s Programmes.
3. Candidates for MSc in Surveying and Geomatics must be holders of B.Sc/B.Tech in Surveying and Geomatics degree with at least 2nd Class Lower Division or equivalent from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology or any other approved University;
4. Candidates for the M.Ed. degree programmes offered in the Faculty of Technical and Science Education/Institute of Education should possess a good Bachelor’s degree (not lower than Second Class Lower Division) in a relevant teaching subject.
C. Doctor of Philosophy Programmes
A candidate for a PhD programme shall:
1. Possess a Master’s degree with a CGPA of 3.50 or above, on a five-point grade system, in a relevant discipline, obtained from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology or any other recognized institution of higher learning of equivalent status.
2. Candidates for PhD in Surveying and Geomatics must have an M.Sc in Surveying and Geomatics degree with a CGPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale or 60% weighted average from Rivers State University of Science and Technology or any other institution of equivalent
3. Present himself or herself for a qualifying interview, if need be.
No person shall be admitted to a programme unless his/her application has been approved by the Postgraduate School Board on behalf of Senate and on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Committee.
Note: In addition to the conditions above, a candidate may be required to present himself/herself for a selection test and/or oral interview.
How to Apply
Applications for admission to any postgraduate programme shall be made on-line by logging onto www.ust.edu.ng and making an e-payment of thirty thousand naira (N30,000.00) only, using interswitch verve – enabled cards. Application forms should be completed on-line, downloaded and hard copies submitted to the Secretary, Postgraduate School along with the following:
For PhD applicants, brief research proposals on their intended areas of study should also accompany the application forms.
The deadline for submission of application forms on-line and at the Postgraduate School is October 31st, 2019.