Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Continuing Education Programme (CEP) of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, for the 2019/2020 Academic Session leading to the award of the Bachelor’s Degree in the following disciplines:
Courses will be offered in the following Faculties/Departments:
- FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
- Department of Animal Science and Technology
- Department of Crop Science and Horticulture
- Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture
- Department of Food Science and Technology
- Department of Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Department of Soil Science and Land Resources Management
- FACULTY OF ARTS
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Department of History and International Studies
- Department of Igbo, African and Asian Studies
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Modern and European Languages
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Religion and Human Relations
- Department of Music
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION
1 Department of Adult Education with Options
- Adult Education/Accountancy
- Adult Education/Economics
- Adult Education/Marketing
- Adult Education/Mass Communication
- Adult Education/Political Science
- Department of Educational Management & Policy with Options
- Educational Management & Policy/Accountancy
- Educational Management & Policy/Business Administration
- Educational Management & Policy/Health Education
- Educational Management & Policy/Political Science
- Educational Management & Policy/Computer Science
- Educational Management & Policy/Cooperative Economics & Mgt.
- Educational Management & Policy/Economics
- Educational Management & Policy/English
- Educational Management & Policy/Igbo
- Educational Management & Policy/History
- Educational Management & Policy/Entrepreneurship
- Department of Early Childhood & Primary Education
- Department of Educational Foundations with Options
- Educational Foundations/English
- Educational Foundations/Political Science
- Educational Foundations/Economics
- Educational Foundations/Igbo
- Educational Foundations/French
- Educational Foundations/History
- Department of Guidance & Counselling with Options
- Guidance & Counselling
- Guidance & Counselling/Biology
- Guidance & Counselling/Health
- Department of Human Kinetics and Health Education with Options
- Human Kinetics
- Health Education
- Department of Library and Information Science
- Department of Science Education with Options
- Science Education/Biology
- Science Education/Chemistry
- Science Education/Integrated Science
- Science Education/Mathematics
- Science Education/Physics
- Science Education/Computer Science
- Department of Vocational Education with Options
- Business Education/Accounting
- Business Education/Commerce & Cooperative
- Business Education/Secretarial Technology
- Technical Education – Building/Woodwork
- Technical Education – Auto Mechanical Technology
- Technical Education – Electrical/Electronics
- FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
- Cooperative Economic and Management
- Banking and Finance
- FACULTY OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- Computer Science
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
The minimum academic qualification is exactly the same as for those applying for admission through UTME, namely, five O’ Level credits in the GCE, SSCE, TCII examinations or their equivalents. Faculty/Departmental requirements must also be fulfilled. Candidates with November/December GCE 2019 results are not eligible to apply. Candidates with additional qualification/s namely: UNIZIK Diploma, OND, HND, B.Sc or their equivalent should apply for Direct Entry.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Visit the CEP ICT Unit at the Utility Building
- Generate RRR pin for application form fee payment
- Take the RRR printout, to any Bank within the Campus and make payment of N12,000 for application form. Then
- Go back to the CEP ICT Unit at the Utility Building for online Registration.
RETURN OF COMPLETED FORMS
Candidates should then
- Proceed to the CEP General Office to submit a photocopy of the online application form’s printout with a photocopy of each of the claimed qualifications securely attached to the application form on or before Friday, October 25, 2019.
Note: Direct Entry candidates should also include a copy of their additional qualification/s to their submission and should endeavour to forward the academic transcript of their claimed additional qualification/s to the Director, CEP on or before Saturday December 7, 2019.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Sale of forms commences on Monday July 15, 2019 and ends on Friday October 25, 2019.
- There will be a Pre-Admission Computer-Based Test (CBT) on Saturday December 7, 2019.
- Candidates for Pre-Admission Computer-Based Test (CBT) must appear physically for Biometric Data Capturing at the CEP ICT Unit Registration Centre at the Utility Building from Friday October 25 to Friday November 8, 2019, at 8.00am daily.
- All screened and qualified candidates for the CBT should attend a compulsory crash (mock) Computer-Based Training on Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 8am at the University Digital Library for a fee of N1000 (one thousand naira) payable at the CEP ICT Centre at the Utility Building.
- Failure to appear for Biometric Capturing automatically disqualifies a candidate from participating in the Pre-Admission Computer-Based Test (CBT).
The CEP Pre-Admission Computer-Based Test (CBT) is scheduled for Saturday December 7, 2019 by 8:00am at the University Digital Library.
PLEASE NOTE: The examination would be computer-based. Candidates should come to the CBT with the ID card issued to them during the Biometric Capturing at the CEP ICT Centre at the Utility Building. Any candidate who is not captured will not take the Test.