The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
Application Deadline for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship : 31st August 2020
Eligible Countries: African countries (Except Southern African countries)
Type: Masters (Taught)
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Scholarship: The Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Duration of Scholarship: Period of degree
- Applicants should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Applicants should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Application for admission at the University of Pretoria is fully online at www.up.ac.za/apply
- Postgraduate scholarship application form.
- Click the following link for Application Instructions
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information