This is to inform the general public and all interested applicants that the Ahmadu Bello Unversity, ABU Distance Learning Center, DLC has commenced the sales of application forms into their various BS.c, PGDE, MBA programmes for 2019/2020 academic session.
The Ahmadu Bello University was established in October 1962 and presently has a population of about 30,000 undergraduate and 10,000 postgraduate students drawn from various parts of Africa and the rest of the world.
The Distance Learning Centre was set up to ensure qualitative, accessible and timely delivery of approved academic programmes to its students without distinction based on geographic location, race, sex, religion or other affiliations.
- B.Sc Business Administration
- B.Sc Economics
- B.Sc Public Administration
- BNSc. Nursing Science
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
At ABU Distance Learning Centre you are assured of:
1. Flexibility in fee payment (pay per course); admission; registration & examination (period & venues); duration of study; learning platforms (Hard copies/book; Electronic copies, lecture videos and Audio versions) & programme transfer (oncampus to Distance learning):
– You no longer have to worry about paying lump sum tuition fees. At ABU DLC, fees are paid per course you register making your fee payment flexible.
– You are at liberty to join us in the 1st or 2nd semester –whichever is more convenient for you.
– Admission & Registration processes are online, you may however be required to present your credentials at the nearest Liaison Office for screening, foreign students are to scan and forward their credentials for remote screening but originals must be sighted at the nearest Nigerian Embassy.
– ABU DLC admission screening and semester examinations are held in Abuja, Gombe, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Zaria with more to come. Giving you the flexibility to select your screening and examination venues.
– Students are also grouped (for examinations) into weekday and weekend groups, giving you the flexibility to choose whichever is more convenient for you.
– You are at liberty to extend your study period (twice the advertised duration) or fast track it by participating in the 3rd Semesters which allows you to graduate I as little as 18 months.
– There are 4 study options to choose from (hard copies, e-copies, Audio and videos).
– On campus students facing challenges with keeping up on campus are free to transfer their studies to the Distance Learning option.
2. Same curriculum and certificate as on campus students upon completion of studies:
– Your admission, study and graduation requirements are the same with the corresponding on campus programme.
– Upon graduation, you will be issued the same certificate as on campus students, signed by the Vice Chancellor and Registrar of the University. Online or e-learning will not be written on your certificate.
3. Work and learn with no need to commute or relocate:
– Relocating to or frequently commuting to and from Zaria is not required as our courses are administered entirely online. Allowing you to maintain your job/business while earning a degree.
4. Stable Academic calendar; Secure and stable online activities via remote Server – 24/7:
– ABU DLC staff are independent of the University hence there are NO STRIKES and you are guaranteed to graduate on time.
– Our externally hosted server guarantees stable and seamless online presence, you can thus access our website, portal and other online resources 24/7.
5. Electronic delivery/”classroom” using any computer device (tablet/i-pad, smart phone, laptop or desktop) to improve interaction and IT competency:
– Our courseware (e-text, audio and videos) are adaptable for use on desktops, laptops, notebooks, tablets and smartphones.
– Our courseware is available online (Learning Management System) and offline (drives).
6. Robust learning support: Telephone helplines, e-mail, Skype, webinar/video conferencing & e-library services:
– Telephone and e mail helplines are available
– Telephone and e mail access to Academic Advisers, IT attaches, Guidance and Counselling staff as well as your e-tutors shall be made available to you.
– Well stocked online e-library services are available for your use while offline e-libraries are available in Zaria and our liaison offices in Lagos and Abuja.
– Facebook live/videoconferencing facilitation of seminar and project defences ensure you are not left out of similar on campus activities.
7. A two week per semester optional on campus tutorial session or alternative participation by webinar is available:
– Although optional on-campus tutorials are held at the end of each semester, to ensure your participation, all sessions are streamed live to ensure remote participation. You can also forward your questions and listen to your tutors address them in real time wherever you are. You can also view at your convenience since all sessions are recorded and available on our Facebook page.
8. Developing the Business Skill in you – “Business Skill Acquisition” :
– This course develops/improves your capacity to be successful upon graduation, it comprises of a taught component, apprenticeship and a reading component.
9. Developing the Leader in you – “Motivational Leadership” :
– This course develops/improves your leadership capacity and is available to all Postgraduate students and comprises of a taught component and a reading component.
10.Chance to interact with your Vice Chancellor and other Principal University and Distance Learning Centre Officers; world-class tutors by webinar/video conferencing as well as Learning from diverse and experienced internationally acclaimed tutors/lecturers:
– Frequent online interactions with the DLC Management and other key staff of the University.
– Guest tutors/speakers shall be occasionally invited to interact with you online.
11.Extending support to your doorstep by a system of Resource Centres/Liaison Offices:
– To enhance the quality of support for our learners, Liaison offices have been established in Abuja, Gombe, Lagos, Port Harcourt and Zaria with more to come.
– Most services can be rendered to you at these Centres.
– A provision for you to study or meet with fellow students shall also be made at these Centres.
12.Our programmes can be undertaken concurrently with other University Certificate, Diploma, UG or PG programmes:
– Universally, distance learners can participate in other on-campus programmes independent of their status in DLC, this provision is also available to you.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application form cost N10,000 naira plus 300naira Bank Charges.
- To apply kindly log on to http://apply.abudlc.edu.ng/
- Select the Programme you wish to apply and click on the link.
See Frequently asked Questions via the link >>> https://abudlc.edu.ng/students/faq/
NOTE: After you have successfully submitted and paid for your application, you will receive an offer of provisional admission via email inviting you for a screening exercise where you will be required to present hard copies of all relevant credentials (WASSCE, NECO, GCE) etc).
Once you have successfully gone through the screening exercise, all that’s left for you to do is to register your courses, make payment and get acquainted with our e-Learning platform.