The programme aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan African with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development. To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Application Deadline: 2nd June 2020
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: 9
Eligibility: To be eligible, Applicants must;
- have successfully completed generally a two-year university degree above average results (at least: Second Class/Upper division)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country
- should generally be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector, d) Alumni of the DAFI programme
Application Process: The application process contains two steps. Please be aware of the two application deadlines.
First step: Applicants must apply for their studies at West African Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution.
Second step: West African Centre for Crop Improvement (WACCI) will provide the shortlisted candidates with the link to the DAAD-Portal. Only the pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal, register themselves and submit a DAAD application. DAAD Deadline: June 2, 2020 only for PhD candidates
Documents to be submitted in English:
• DAAD application form duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal)
• Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
• Two Recommendation letters by university teachers
• Letter of admission for the host university
• Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
• Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
• Copy of the passport
• if applicable, information on the UNHCR registration as refugee
• Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
• Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and time table (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
• Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal
Visit The Official Website For More Information