The Management of Akwa Ibom State College of Education (AKSCOE), Afaha Nsit, has announced the commencement of admission exercise into NCE & Degree (affiliated with the University of Uyo – UNIUYO) programmes for 2020/2021 academic session.
Programmes approved for the award of Degrees are listed below: –
- EDUCATION/ENGLISH B.A (Ed.)
- EDUCATION/MATHEMATICS B.Sc. (Ed.)
- EDUCATION/BIOLOGY B.Sc. (Ed.)
- EDUCATION/CHEMISTRY B.Sc. (Ed.)
- INTEGRATED SCIENCE EDUCATION B.Sc. (Ed.)
- EDUCATION/PHYSICS B.Sc. (Ed.)
- EARLY CHILDHOOD/PRIMARY EDUCATION B.Ed.
- SOCIAL STUDIES EDUCATION B.Ed.
- EDUCATION/AGRICULTURE B.Sc. (Ed.)
- BUSINESS EDUCATION PROGRAMME B.Ed.
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMME B.Ed.
AKSCOE NCE Courses.
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES: –
- SOCIAL STUDIES/POLITICAL SCIENCE
- SOCIAL STUDIES / IBIBIO
- SOCIAL STUDIES/ECONOMICS
- ECONOMICS/SOCIAL STUDIES
- ECONOMICS/POLITICAL SCIENCE
- ECONOMICS/COMPUTER SCIENCE
- POLITICAL SCIENCE/IBIBIO
- POLITICAL SCIENCE/ECONOMICS
SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES: –
- FRENCH/SOCIAL STUDIES
- FRENCH/POLITICAL SCIENCE
- FRENCH DM
- ENGLISH / SOCIAL STUDIES
- ENGLISH / ECONOMICS
- ENGLISH/POLITICAL SCIENCE
- ENGLISH DM
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE: –
- COMPUTER SCIENCE/MATHEMATICS
- COMPUTER SCIENCE/PHYSICS
- COMPUTER SCIENCE/BIOLOGY
- COMPUTER SCIENCE/INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- COMPUTER SCIENCE/CHEMISTRY
- COMPUTER SCIENCE/ECONOMICS
- PHYSICS/COMPUTER SCIENCE
- PHYSICS/INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- MATHEMATICS/COMPUTER SCIENCE
- MATHEMATICS/INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- BIOLOGY/COMPUTER SCIENCE
- BIOLOGY/INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- CHEMISTRY/INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- CHEMISTRY/COMPUTER SCIENCE
- INTEGRATED SCIENCE / PHYSICS
- INTEGRATED SCIENCE/CHEMISTRY
- INTEGRATED SCIENCE/BIOLOGY
- INTEGRATED SCIENCE/COMPUTER SCIENCE
- INTEGRATED SCIENCE/MATHEMATICS
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
SCHOOL OF VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION: –
- AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION DM
- TECHNICAL EDUCATION DM
- HOME ECONOMICS DM
- BUSINESS EDUCATION DM
SCHOOL OF EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND PRIMARY EDUCATION: –
- ADULT AND NON-FORMAL EDUCATION
- EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE EDUCATION
- PRIMARY EDUCATION
- Candidates who took part in the 2020 JAMB UTME and scored 120 and above are eligible to apply for NCE Programme.
- Candidates who took part in the 2020 JAMB UTME and scored 180 and above are eligible to apply for Degree Programme.
- Direct Entry Candidates with a minimum of 5.0 (Merit level) and above in their relevant fields are also qualified to apply.
- Candidates must possess 5 credits including English and Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in WAEC, NECO, and NABTEB
N/B: Change of institution to AKSCOE through JAMB is necessary for those candidates that did not choose the College as first choice.
How to Apply
All candidates are required to register online via the College Portal for the screening exercise using the below-listed procedure:
- Fill the form (all form fields are required). Ensure to provide a valid Email and password you can easily remember.
- Click on Submit (Your profile will be created and you will be redirected to a login page
- Enter your email in the “Username” box and input the password you used to create your profile. Click on “Login” to proceed
- Click on “Pay your Screening fee” button (An invoice will be generated)
- Use the Invoice and go to any Zenith Bank branch nearest to you to make payment into the School’s account as follows: Account Name: AKS COLLEGE OF EDUCATION FEES; Account NO:1017436909.
- Write The Invoice Number at the top of the teller
- After payment, scan the teller and Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for payment confirmation
- Once your payment is confirmed, you will be noticed to proceed in completing your registration procedures
- Go back to the College Portal to confirm your payment and complete the Registration Form.
- On successful registration, select “PRINT BUTTON” to print the 2020/2021 Screening Schedule Printout from the Portal.
IN CASE OF ANY CHALLENGE, CALL OR WHATSAPP MRS. VICTORIA UWAH ON 08030745907.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE
- Four (4) recent coloured passport photographs.
- Photocopies of documents, credentials (NECO, WAEC, and NABTEB, as the case may be) or O’ Level examination registration slip (for Awaiting Result Candidates).
- Two files with Name, the desired Course of Study and UTME registration number clearly and boldly written on it.
- Screening schedule slip printed from the College Portal.
- 2020 UTME Result Slip showing the candidates photograph in colour.
- Photocopy of Certificate of Origin from the Local Government.
N/B: The passport photograph uploaded/presented will be the only valid identification for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in Akwa Ibom State College of Education, Afaha Nsit.
Application for change of passport photograph by candidates offered provisional admission shall NOT be allowed. This same passport photograph, uploaded by such candidates would be used on their final certificates.
Deadline: Not Specified.