At the Faculty of Social Sciences at Goethe University, the “Professorship of Political Science, especially Radicalization and Violence Research” seeks to fill the position of a PhD Student / Research Associate.
It is expected that the position holder will actively contribute to the research focus of the professorship in the field of political violence and terrorism / counter-terrorism. In addition, the opportunity for self-determined research is given, with the aim of obtaining a doctorate in the field of conflict research
Application Deadline: 15th August 2020
Eligible Countries: Any
To be Taken at (Country): Frankfurt, Germany
Number of Awards: 1
Value & Duration of Award:
- Three years (possible extension for one year).
- The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-GU). The research associate will be based at the Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF) and work within the research group on terrorism.
- Applicants should have a MA degree (or equivalent) in the fields of peace and conflict studies, International Relations, or political science.
- Applicants must be International students
- Excellent English languages skills, very good Arabic or French, and a good of German, as well as substantial experience abroad are required. Profound knowledge of quantitative or qualitative research methods are an asset.
How To Apply: Applications including CV, copies of relevant certificates, short PhD proposal (3 pages) as well as a brief statement on how the candidate’s research connects to the profile of the professorship – should be sent to the Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences at Goethe University Frankfurt / Main until 15.08.2020 via email (please indicate reference number 16): dekanat.fb03‐email@example.com‐frankfurt.de.
Visit The Scholarship Webpage For More Information