The Hamburg University of Applied Sciences awards scholarships to academically strong international students who are interested in studying in Bachelors and Masters degree programmes at the Institution.
HAW Hamburg awards scholarships to high-performing international Bachelor’s students as of the third subject semester and to international Master’s students as of the second subject semester. The funding for the scholarships is provided by the City of Hamburg and the Karl H. Ditze Foundation.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2020
Eligible Countries: International
Type: Undergraduate, Masters (Taught)
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Scholarship:
- Undergraduate: Up to 400 Euros/month (4 months per semester).
- Masters: up to 500 Euros/month for up to five months.
- An application for a further semester is possible.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship is for one semester; an extension for a further two semesters is possible, if all the courses per semester are completed with a grade average of at least 2.5.
- Applicants must be International students
- Applicants must be applying to Hamburg University of Applied Sciences – Germany
- Applicants must have good academic records
- Applicants must have obtained your higher education entrance qualification abroad or you have successfully completed preparatory studies at a German Studienkolleg.
- Applicants have completed at least two semesters (Bachelor’s students) or one semester (Master’s students) at HAW Hamburg and are still within the standard period of study.
- Applicants must not receiving BAföG or other government funding.
- Applicants average grade is at least 2.2.
Application Process: If you are applying for an excellence scholarship for the first time, you will need letters of recommendation from two instructors in your degree course. Master’s students who have already received an excellence scholarship during their Bachelor studies are also required to submit two current letters of reference. All other students who have already submitted two letters are not required to submit them again.
All of the following documents must also be submitted with every application:
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- Certificate of enrolment from myHAW
- Current transcript from myHAW with information about average grade and completed credit points
- Certificate of achievement (previously PAV Bescheinigung): For students whose average grade and credit points are not listed in their transcript (this currently applies to all degree courses in the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, with the exception of Automotive Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering)
- Copy of your residency permit (non-EU citizens) or a copy of your passport or personal ID card (EU citizens)
- Bank account information form
- Optional: If you want to indicate your financial situation as part of your application, please upload the Financial circumstances form together with your bank account statements for the last three months and, where applicable, your employment contract.
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, please upload them to the Application portal (Mobility Online) before the deadline. Be sure to allow yourself enough time. We will inform you about the outcome of your application within four weeks after the deadline.
Visit The Official Website For More Information