The University, In collaboration with the JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB), the University of Benin (UNIBEN) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Foundation Programmes.
The UNIBEN JUPEB Programme leads to the award of the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) Certificate which enables candidates to gain Direct Entry Admission into 200 level of the degrees offered by the University of Benin and other JUPEB – affiliated Universities in Nigeria and universities abroad. The JUPEB Certificate is equivalent to the Advance Level GCE or the Old Higher School Certificate (HSC) or IJMB.
Candidates seeking admission into the UNIBEN JUPEB Foundation Programmes must possess minimum of 5 credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in the GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB) All the combinations shown in the table meet the entry requirements for direct admission into Degree Programmes in the University of Benin and other JUPEB affiliate Universities which include, OAU, UNILAG, UNN, UYO, FUTA, FUNAAB, UNIPORT etc. UNIBEN JUPEB Duration of Programme The duration of the study is a minimum of one Academic Session of TWO SEMESTERS. It is strictly non-residential programme.
Method Of Application
Interested candidates are to purchase application forms online from the university web site www.uniben.edu with valid VERVE VISA OR MASTERCARD ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the non-refundable application fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) The fee excludes bank charges. The application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out.
- ON the uniben website,
- Click on the WAEUP PORTAL LINK
- Click on the FOUNDATION PROGRAMME (JUPEB) APPLICATION 2020/2021 Link.
- Click on REGISTER FOR APPLICATION and fill out application after reading instructions on the page
- Upload a recent coloured passport size photograph (scanned, not more than 3 months old passport) with red background. Webcam photograph is not acceptable.
- Submit the online application form and print out a copy of the examination schedule slip which should have your user name and password.
- All candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
|THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT COMBINATIONS ARE AVAILABLE 1 Arts Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies History/ Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies Economics, Government/Literature in English 2 Education All the combination in 1,3,4,5,6,7&8 3 Management/Social Sciences Economics/Government/Mathematics Mathematics/Geography/Economics Economics/Business Studies//Government Accounting/Economics/Government Economics/Government/Geography CRS/Economics/Government 4 Law Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies 5 Life Sciences Biology/Chemistry/Physics 6 Physical Sciences Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics Geography/Mathematics/Physics 7 Medicine/Dentistry/ Pharmacy/Nursing Biology/Chemistry/Physics 8 Engineering Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics 9 Agricultural Science Agricultural Science/Biology/Chemistry|
UNIBEN JUPEB Mode of Study Face to face contact at the JUPEB Study Centre, University of Benin,. Lectures will be conducted from 8am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after
- Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit application
- Only coloured print out will be
- Print at least 4 copies of the University of Benin online registration form with complete passport size photograph printed in colour.
- Candidates are to follow the application instructions very carefully and ensure they select the subject combinations relevant to their course of study
UNIBEN JUPEB Admission Closing Date:
Application website closes by Midnight on 31st, October, 2020. (i.e all applications must be
concluded online not later than 31st, October, 2020). Candidates who pay after the deadline will not sit
for the examination.
Admission into various programmes shall be through entrance examination to be conducted on Saturday 7th of November, 2020 by 9 am at Ugbowo Campus.
Come Back Online on Wednesday 4TH November 2020 to Check for Your Schedule