The University of Lagos, African Cluster Centre of Excellence (ACC), a Centre within the Institute of African and Diaspora Studies (IADS), University of Lagos (UNILAG), is calling on suitably qualified candidates to apply for its 2021 Doctoral Scholarships.
The University of Lagos African Cluster Centre (LACC) is particularly interested in PhD students who are working within the following areas:
1. African History and Politics;
2. African Traditional Religion;
3. African Herbal Medicine;
4. African Philosophy;
5. African Languages and Literature, including English and Francophone literature (with special reference to multilingualism, African and African diaspora literature, translation and early African literary works);
6. African Culture and Gender Studies;
7. African Musicology;
8. Arts and Aesthetics; as well as
9. Water, Environment and Climatic Change in Africa.
Candidates working on research projects that explore related themes, especially those whose supervisors are within the Cluster system, are invited to apply for the scholarship, which is valued at ₦1,000,000.00 and will subsist for One (1) year. Awardees will be expected to assist the supervisor with some of their research work and to undertake some limited teaching duties where necessary.
Applicants must be enrolled on a doctoral programme at the University of Lagos. Preference will be given to those candidates whose work has scaled the pre-APC stage, having reached an advanced stage in their fieldwork, and who are about to write up their thesis.
Applicants should visit https://iads.unilag.edu.ng or https://unilag.edu.ng/lacc to apply.
Closing date for applications is December 31, 2020.
When necessary, candidates may be shortlisted for a brief interview. The scholarship covers the academic period from January to December 2021.