The Hertie School Doctoral Programme in Governance is open to applicants with an exceptionally strong master’s degree (or equivalent) in economics, law, political science, sociology, public administration, Management, or related fields.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2021
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Germany
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
- The Hertie School of Governance does not charge tuition fees for its doctoral programmes, but seeks to ensure that all admitted candidates have secured the financial means to support the three-year doctoral programme in Berlin. It, therefore, offers 10 living cost stipends of 1,250 euros per month (including 100 euros for research and travelling) for a period of three years.
- The Student Affairs team (studentaffairs[at]hertie-school[dot]org) offers support in administrative issues such as visa, residence permits, health insurance, etc.
Duration of Programme: 3-year, English-language doctoral programme (180 ECTS)
- The programme is designed for students with a desire to understand fundamental problems and patterns of governance at the highest level of academic research.
- Applicants should have a very strong foundation in one of the disciplines represented at the Hertie School of Governance – economics, law, political science, sociology as well as public administration/management and related fields.
- They should be open to interdisciplinary research and comparative perspectives, as governance and public policy issues typically transcend the boundaries of academic disciplines.
How to Apply: Apply Here